Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Help me settle this!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PVLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2004
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Help me settle this!

    My husband and I are having a stupid debate over whether the old saying is "What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?" or if it's the price of rice in China.
    Someone help us out here!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help me settle this!

    I always said TEA
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help me settle this!

    Tea.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help me settle this!

    Rice. Never heard tea. Chinese and rice are more common I'd say. It'd be more like price of tea in England.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Football_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help me settle this!

    What's that got to do with the price of tea in China.

    That is what I have always heard.
    Who is winning the argument?

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Help me settle this!

    It is tea- the point is "Is the item relevant to the conversation?" and the price of rice in China is. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So asking about tea in China , usually means the person doesn't see the connection between the two parts.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PVLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2004
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help me settle this!

    Oooo, there's my argument spudsmac... Mark is SO not going to win this one! Go Tea!!!!

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Help me settle this!

    Here is another one [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Don't shoot me I'm only the messenger. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help me settle this!

    I thought it was Toyota...Nah I always use Tea also.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Help me settle this!

    Once they moved the factory to the US that would work I guess, you got the Devils ready to go , pal?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •